Sharin' the Love

Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby Stella Finally Arrived!!















I went in on Sunday October 19, 2008 to get induced thinking I would be in the hospital only for a couple of days. Little did I know that it would be a whole week! After 18hrs of labor without an epidural the aenesthesiologist came in and offered the epidural after giving me tons of blood transfusions. You may be wondering, why did she need blood transfusions...well I had what you call P.I.H. (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension) and I was unable to get the epidural earlier because of it. I was so determined to have this baby the regular way, but after much waiting for her to come out on her own, Dr. Huff said that they were going to do a C-Section. I wasn’t progressing in my dilation; I stayed between 7 and 8cm. I was so sad and disappointed after all that work, but I was relieved to get her out safe and sound. At 7:30pm she was born. The first things I heard from the doctors and nurses in the surgery room were “Whoa, that’s a big baby, she can be a linebacker.” I couldn’t believe how big she was! She didn’t even look like a newborn. She weighed 8lbs. 9.5oz. and was 19.5in long. Huge! No wonder she couldn't make her way out of the birth canal lol. The waiting game for the baby to arrive was finally over! I was so relieved to have her out and healthy. Now it was just waiting on my results from the P.I.H. They should've gotten normal, since the cure for it is to deliver the baby. It turned out that my levels were still not good and I had to stay in the hospital. Finally by Friday I thought it would be over, but they kept me for one more day of observation. I was so happy to leave on Saturday and enjoy my little one in my own comfortable home.

No comments:

Post a Comment