Sharin' the Love

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New addition to the Family

So probably a lot of you already know that I had my baby boy June 8, 2010. I've been really bad at updating this blog, but I'm going to try my best to do better. Lincoln was born weighing a whopping 9lbs 7.5oz and 22.5in long. Yeah he was HUGE!! I was in labor for a while because I experienced contractions for a whole 2 weeks sporatically. (Crazy I know haha) On Tuesday (June 8th) at 4:30ish a.m. I just couldn't get comfortable and the contractions were becoming more painful. So we went to the hospital and got admitted into triage and waited there for a couple hours before we got a labor/delivery room. Once in there the Dr. came in and said your platelet count is at 70k so it's pretty low. We want to have this baby fast, so we can have healthy mom and baby. So she said she would give me a couple of hours to progress on my on, but if I didn't she would use pitocin to augment the labor. Well it ended up happening and let me tell you that was not fun, especially with no epidural! Another couple of hours passed by and luckily I was making significant progress; otherwise they said that I would have to be put under and have another c-section. I freaked out when she told me that. I am so glad and thankful that I had a doula, Tracy Halliday, there to calm me down and help me through it along with a sweet husband. A few more hours passed by and they said that I was fully dilated and everything, but Mr. Lincoln was being a stubborn and not facing the right direction. Luckily there was a doctor on call that took over for the stressful one phew! She was awesome!!! She tried flipping Lincoln around and this process took FOUR TIMES before finally he progressed down. This was super painful and I thank my Heavenly Father for being there to comfort me. When it was all said and done they put him on me and it is a special moment. :) Pictures of the experience will follow later. My doula took care of that.
FYI: These pictures are not very flattering. Don't judge. hahah

Especially this one lol

1 comment: